POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu) : Re: Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Mar 2001 16:24:06
Message: <chrishuff-F98791.16222401032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a9e7e79@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> So to sum up: The model is displaced unevenly in uncontrollable ways,
> but I need it to be displaced unevenly in a controllable way. I don't
> think that's possible.

It *is* possible to have displacement be independant of gradient...just
displace the coordinates you give to the blob function, instead of
adding to/subtracting from the function. Use 3 displacement functions
with outputs from -1 to 1, each one offset a bit so it doesn't
synchronize with the others, and add their results to the blob function
coordinates, multiplying by another function controlling the strength of
the displacement.

function {
    BlobFunc(
        DispFuncX(x, y, z)*StrengthFunc(x, y, z) + x,
        DispFuncY(x, y, z)*StrengthFunc(x, y, z) + y,
        DispFuncZ(x, y, z)*StrengthFunc(x, y, z) + z
    )
}

--
Christopher James Huff