POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stupid Question : Re: Stupid Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid Question
From: Chris Huff
Date: 22 Feb 2001 12:05:46
Message: <chrishuff-F8C1CF.12045122022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a9542d0$1@news.povray.org>, "Tom Melly"
<tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:

> The trouble with this is that it doesn't leave the pigments alone.
> How do I accomplish this?  (btw the areas outside the man. set are
> rgbt 1).

What do you mean by "it doesn't leave the pigments alone"? Maybe the
problem is just that you are using averaging...if the color values vary
evenly from 0 to 1 for each component, and you average enough samples,
you will end up getting closer to 50% gray.

> At the moment, my kludge is to lay 3 separate objects on top of each
> other, each one given a different mandel pig.

Layered textures would probably work...

object {
    texture {pigment {basepig}}
    texture {pigment {man1}}
    texture {pigment {man2}}
    texture {pigment {man3}}
}

Just make sure the mandel pigments are at least partially transparent.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><