POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : eval doesn't report anything : Re: eval doesn't report anything Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: eval doesn't report anything
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Oct 2000 15:45:10
Message: <chrishuff-F7B95B.14474108102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39e0c15f@news.povray.org>, "Tony[B]"
<ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:

> BTW, does anyone here feel the need to make a test file that uses all of
> MegaPOV's features in one scene? I mean, just run that, and you can tell
> right away if a bug has been introduced.

Some bugs will only surface with certain combinations of features...and
if a feature is changed to behave differently(the new noise function),
is partly random(blurred reflection, radiosity, etc), or affects the
whole output to the exclusion of other features(some post_process
filters), you will run into trouble. And when something does go wrong,
having everything in one scene file will make it harder to find.
A better idea would be a set of files testing the features in the most
common situations, this would be more useful and easier to maintain, but
it would still be a lot of work to create these files.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><