POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOVPlus 0.3.1 Windows version released : Re: MegaPOVPlus 0.3.1 Windows version released Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOVPlus 0.3.1 Windows version released
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Sep 2000 22:04:54
Message: <chrishuff-F48D35.21064612092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39bed26b@news.povray.org>, "Halbert" <hha### [at] capitalnet>
wrote:

> I was comparing source from Megapov 0.5a and MP+ .31 and I did notice
> something particularly conspicuous.
...snip...
> This is the main thing that kept me from making a servicable Windows
> build. There just happens to be a Windows data structure of the name
> BLOB. I don't know how Jetlag handled this. Or whether it has
> anything to do with anything.

That is part of the code for allowing blob objects to be used with the
blob pattern, it has nothing to do with the rendering, creating, or
destroying of blob objects which seems to be the problem. And that
structure exists in other POV versions too, it is the name of the blob
object's struct. It is normally typedef'ed in blob.h, but that
definition is moved to frame.h in MegaPOVPlus to allow the blob pattern
to use it without running into multiple definitions.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><