POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where is my object? : Re: Where is my object? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is my object?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Feb 2001 21:16:48
Message: <chrishuff-F2EDCF.21173208022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a832b34$1@news.povray.org>, "Spock" <spo### [at] nospamcom>
wrote:

> Thank you.  Unfortunately I am too dense to get vtransfrom to run... let
> alone interpret the results.

The vtransform() function just lets you apply transformations (like
translate, rotate, scale, and matrix) to a vector. You use like this:
#declare TransformedPt = vtransform(Pt, rotate...scale...etc);

In your case, it might be easier to declare the transformation ahead of
time:

#declare MyTrans = transform {rotate x*30}
#declare Loc = < 9, 9, 9>;

union {
    sphere {< 30, 19, 12>, 2}
    sphere {Loc, 1}

    pigment {rgb < 1, 1, 1>}
    transform {MyTrans}
    #declare Loc = vtransform(Loc, transform {MyTrans});
}

BTW, a couple things: the "object {}" blocks in your code were not
necessary, and your spheres were missing the comma between the position
and the radius. The first one will work fine, it's just more typing, but
the second one could cause trouble, and is harder to read anyway.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><