POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV Functions (Thorsten?) : Re: POV Functions (Thorsten?) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:06:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Functions (Thorsten?)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 27 Oct 2002 10:15:16
Message: <chrishuff-F2D1B6.10083727102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dbbb805@news.povray.org>,
 "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> > I'm trying to add G to POV-Ray, specifically I'm trying to make G
> > functions callable through the POV function mechanism.
> Which G functions are you talking about?

Maybe you haven't seen my posts about it...it's a simple langage with
support for vectors.
The return value is apparently taken from the function itself, but the
parameters are taken from the trap table, and I'd like to use one trap
entry to interface to G functions, otherwise I'd need an entry for every
supported number of parameters.
Actually, it looks like the trap table's parameter count is only used to
initialize the functions parameter count, in FNCode::Compile()...I
should be able to modify it for individual instances with no trouble,
right? Doesn't look like the code is designed for this, but I don't see
any reason for it to fail.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/