POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GlowBox : Re: GlowBox Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GlowBox
From: Chris Huff
Date: 4 Dec 2000 16:41:28
Message: <chrishuff-F1E95D.16421104122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a2bb3f7$1@news.povray.org>, "Bill DeWitt"
<bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote:

>     I would like to see it the other way. If I want the lights to appear
> to glob together, I can add more and/or bigger glows. I would,
> however, like to be able to place many points of light in close
> proximity -without- them globbing.
>
>     Perhaps a glob_on, glob_off switch?

Erm, no. If you don't want them to "glob", just make them dimmer.
There isn't any special handling done to make them blob up like that,
they are simply additive, and doing anything different would be
difficult(probably more like impossible), unrealistic, and
unnecessary...since you can get the exact results you want by dimming
those specific glows.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><