POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Torus Torture : Re: Torus Torture Server Time
21 Jul 2024 05:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus Torture
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Jan 2001 15:58:48
Message: <chrishuff-EEDEF0.15595319012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a68a798@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> Doesn't sound intuitive at all I think!

I don't see how it is any less intuitive than the < X, Y, Z> vector
syntax...the user would just be specifying expressions that would be
evaluated when the function is computed instead of at parse time. Or
were you talking about using three separate functions?

> I prefer a user-defined twist to be as simple to make as this:
>
> #macro deform_mezz (P) vrotate(P,120*x*P.x) #end

Using macros would be too slow...and I've tried to figure out how to do
it before, with no success. I think macros should remain parse-time, and
that functions should be extended instead.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><