POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Slime-POV feature: function warps : Re: New Slime-POV feature: function warps Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Slime-POV feature: function warps
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Oct 2002 18:18:54
Message: <chrishuff-EDD180.18121126102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3DBB06CA.46F20232@gmx.de>,

> I remember such a feature has been discussed somewhere else before.
> Megapov had the very useful feature of displace warps and in 3.5 it would
> be logical to use functions but instead of three float functions i would
> rather use one vector function.  Why? - This could supply the
> functionality of both the type 0 and type 1 displace warp if there is also
> a new vector function calculating the gradient of a float function.

Have you done much with POV functions? They only handle scalars. That's
one big reason for my work on G.

If I understand it correctly, the outputs of the functions are the new
coordinates of the point. It could very easily do both types of displace
warps...it makes my displace patch obsolete. This is really what I
wanted for a displace warp, but I couldn't figure out the old function
code, pigments were the best I could do...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/