POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chris Huff's Beveled Text Macro : Re: Chris Huff's Beveled Text Macro Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chris Huff's Beveled Text Macro
From: Chris Huff
Date: 20 Dec 2000 22:59:23
Message: <chrishuff-ED1BF2.23003120122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a417d34@news.povray.org>, "Dave Blandston"
<gra### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> Please! I think this is a very useful macro - it really adds a lot to
> scenes where text plays a prominent role.

When it works right. The "sharp corners" part, you know...I'm trying to
think of a good way to automatically make a mesh out of a text object,
which could solve this problem, but I don't think it can be done very
well in plain POV-Script.

> BTW - sorry I forgot to mention to y'all that Chris' code was posted
> in the advanced users group. :)

And a slightly updated version(computes the proper bounding, takes the
font file as a parameter) is in povray.text.scene-files.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><