POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 : Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Nov 2000 07:12:59
Message: <chrishuff-EC4E9A.07130309112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a0a439b@news.povray.org>, "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> There's a very good reason for using POV_REALLOC etc.: garbage
> tracking and collection.  By using the POV_*ALLOC functions, it is
> much easier to track down memory leaks.

But that won't help you figure out if there is a bug in POV_REALLOC().
:-)
I can understand working around it using the POV_*() functions, but I
was talking about figuring out where the problem was. Oh, well...there
are a couple places in my work with glows that could use POV_REALLOC(),
I will try to figure it out myself...

> >Hmm, my copy of "3D Graphics Programming" has some explanations of
> >cubic, Hermite, and Bezier splines...not that I can make much sense of
> >it. Not much in the way of examples either...mostly just the math.
> I'll see what Vahur Krouverk's code is like for this.

And I'll poke around in the "other" spline patch...I think it had
something like a "rational bezier spline".

--
Christopher James Huff

<><