POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oilve Oil Bottle - Photons - (and oil) : Re: Oilve Oil Bottle - Photons - (and oil) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oilve Oil Bottle - Photons - (and oil)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Apr 2001 12:36:53
Message: <chrishuff-EB897C.11365403042001@news.povray.org>
In article <3ac9c404@news.povray.org>, "Rick [Kitty5]"
<ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote:

> mega pov defiantly does not like shorthand translations and rotations!

I've never had any problem with them, and use them fairly often, but I
usually reverse things from what you showed:
rotate -z*27
My first thought is that it must be something to do with promoting the
float value of 27 to a vector before multiplying by z, but the error
message seems to indicate it messes up before then...and as far as I
know, that section of the code hasn't been messed with, except for
adding a ^ operator, and it works in other cases...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><