POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shape Samplers : Re: Shape Samplers Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shape Samplers
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 18 Aug 2002 23:39:13
Message: <chrishuff-EA5C87.22261018082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226>,
 "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> Well not bad, since this scene is simple - how about some effects like area
> light, photons, maybe radiosity, to show power of POV ?

Since he is using 3.1, he doesn't have photons and the radiosity is much
worse. And I don't see why area lights, radiosity, or photons would have
any place in a shape demo scene.

I would suggest switching to POV 3.5 and making the text labels thinner
back to front to make them easier to read. A more complex shape would
make a better mesh demo, and there are plenty of other primitives to
play with. You could make several dozen examples of isosurfaces though...

> and image is IMHO to strongly compressed

It is fine just for a preview of the scenes. This isn't an IRTC entry...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/