POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Function-Based Shader Macro : Re: Function-Based Shader Macro Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function-Based Shader Macro
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 18 Aug 2002 00:25:24
Message: <chrishuff-E9B021.23121617082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3D5F015C.594862FF@aol.com>, Dave Dunn <poi### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> That is exactly what I was thinking. Since I have finally "come
> around" to using functions, I like them better than plain old pattern
> identifiers anyway, if only for consistency's sake. Now if we only
> had a null pattern identifier to make empy spaces in normal maps, but
> that of course is a different story...   ; }

Just specify a solid pattern (a function pattern with a constant value).
Normal perturbation only uses the *change* in a pattern, a constant
pattern won't affect the normal. Try the checkers pattern as a normal
sometime, the normal only changes at the cube boundaries.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/