POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making Progress--Mech (61kb) : Re: Making Progress--Mech (61kb) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Progress--Mech (61kb)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Dec 2000 18:48:48
Message: <chrishuff-E8C1C8.18494915122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A3AA63C.266CAAE8@faricy.net>, David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

> Reminds me of that gun with an array of barrels and explosive shells
> packed end to end, where one firing sets off the next one and as one
> barrel is firing the others are reloading.

I remember seeing that, I read something about the distance between
bullets in flight being measured in inches, but I don't think they were
explosive...it was a rather small white box-shaped thing with a grid of
holes in front, the barrels were set off electrically and they operated
similarly to a roman candle...
I didn't read anything about reloading though...I thought it was a
use-once type of thing. Maybe they have improved it.

> Shoots like 50k rps or something...

I thought it was only 5k rps...but I could easily be a 0 off. It was 5k
or more, I know that...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><