POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smoothly Blurred Patterns - blur2.jpeg (1/1) : Re: Smoothly Blurred Patterns - blur2.jpeg (1/1) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoothly Blurred Patterns - blur2.jpeg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 5 Mar 2001 13:46:14
Message: <chrishuff-E84C69.13425305032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3AA3D4E2.A405A713@gmx.de>, Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> but that probably could lead to strange results when the cube structure
> interferes with the pattern.

When the blur distance is larger than the size of the cubes, it doesn't
blend to a 50-50 mixture of the colors, but gives a bunch of fuzzy
squares that are larger than the actual pattern. I'm planning a type 3
that will supersample the voxels before interpolating, which will give
better results. This will be a true blurring, not the "subsample and
interpolate" method 2 uses. Also, when I let it use higher resolution
voxel maps, this won't be a problem.

BTW, method 0 also has this problem...it gives some pretty odd results
when the distance between samples is larger than the distance between
cubes. I haven't checked method 1, but it should have this aliasing
problem as well.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><