POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Suggestions for spline function implementation : Re: Suggestions for spline function implementation Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions for spline function implementation
From: Chris Huff
Date: 22 Jul 2000 19:31:25
Message: <chrishuff-E82A84.18320222072000@news.povray.org>
In article <3979B575.F3DBCCD5@skynet.be>, Fabien Mosen
<fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote:

> Problems with the current implementation :
>
>  - The name of the splines are defined as a string inside the spline
>    definition.  This is inconsistent within POV-Ray syntax, and does
>    not allow redefinition of a spline (a new spline with the same
>    name).  Thus, it does not allow the algorithmic generation of
>    multiple splines.
>
>  - Unability to "extract" values of the control points (for example,
>    if I want to put a sphere at each control point)
>
> What would be a nice syntax ?

Why not just use the "other" spline patch, the one with this syntax:
#declare SplineIdent =
spline {
}

This could easily be extended to do the things you want, and has a much
simpler and more intuitive syntax which is fairly consistent with the
rest of the POV-Ray language syntax.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/