POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Proximity Man (430 kbbu) : Re: Proximity Man (430 kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proximity Man (430 kbbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 Sep 2000 18:55:25
Message: <chrishuff-E738A5.17571007092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39b80e5c@news.povray.org>, "Greg M. Johnson"
<"gregj;-)56590\""@aol.c;-)om> wrote:

> Render time: 43 hours.  If I ever did this again, I would use a
> combination of object and pigment patterns, as this is apparently only
> showing proximity to a SURFACE of the object: I expected a "0" value for
> all spaces inside the object....

You didn't read the documentation. :-)
sides INT_SIDE
Use this keyword to decide which sides of the object to calculate the
pattern on.

0 Only the points inside the object are calculated.
1 Only the points outside the object are calculated.
2 All points are calculated.

I'm not surprised at the speed, though...didn't you try the blob pattern?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><