POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : foss ship : Re: foss ship Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: foss ship
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 6 Apr 2002 14:09:12
Message: <chrishuff-E30DB1.14103606042002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3cae686a@news.povray.org>,
 "Sir Charles W. Shults III" <aic### [at] cflrrcom> wrote:

>     Well, you guys got me thinking about macros to make Borg cubes, and I
> played with it a little.  This is not exactly Borg, but "borg-like".
> It still needs a lot more, like some intelligence in the macros
> because they are very literal and stupid right now.  But overall, it
> has a nice feel to it.

1: Borg cubes aren't shiny. ;-)
The larger parts could use some more detailed texture, and the big
highlights look off.

2: Your ship is glowing. It appears almost completely evenly lit, but
there's nothing to light it. Drop ambient down to 0 and use a single
bright light source for the sun, and maybe scatter a few lights with a
short falloff distance around the ship itself.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/