POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : something I'm toying with 358kbu : Re: something I'm toying with 358kbu Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something I'm toying with 358kbu
From: Chris Huff
Date: 31 Dec 2000 23:28:25
Message: <chrishuff-E231D7.23295131122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a4ffd23@news.povray.org>, "Data" <not@all> wrote:

> It does have some effect on more complex items, such as hollow
> objects with glass objects inside, doesn't it?

If there are no surfaces or media for the photons to show up on, they
will only slow things down. They behave like any other illumination.
Glass usually won't show them, and most metals will only have a slight
visible effect. If you entire scene is a complex object composed of
highly reflective metal and completely transparent glass, you will just
drive up your render time.
However, if you put that object in a box or on a plane with a mostly
non-reflective, opaque texture, or use media...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><