POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Improved blobs - attached files (1/1) : Re: Improved blobs - attached files (1/1) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improved blobs - attached files (1/1)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 18 Oct 2002 15:15:09
Message: <chrishuff-DFC613.15101318102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3DB### [at] gmxde>,

> The nice thing about isosurface blobs is that you can use arbitrary shapes
> as components.  This would probably be difficult with a pattern.

I don't quite understand what you mean. The pattern will support
whatever shapes I add to it, which will be a lot more than the
isosurface primitive supports. It could even include a function
primitive. But the main point of doing it this way is that it will be
much faster then user defined functions...of course they will always be
more flexible.

I've got spherical components working, BTW. However, I'm finding some
very ugly stuff in the function and pattern code...don't look for it too
soon.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/