POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Spiral : Re: Spiral Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Sep 2000 16:52:30
Message: <chrishuff-DF427C.15543019092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39c7af2d@news.povray.org>, "Wolfgang Manousek"
<wol### [at] no_spamcom> wrote:

> no clue on my side ... how would I create a spiral in POV ... just doesn't
> map into any CSG object ...

1: Use a bunch of cylinders, spheres, torus segments, or combinations of
these to approximate the shape of the spiral. Use a loop to place them
automatically
2: Similar to the above, generate a bunch of triangles to approximate
the object.
3: Use an include file or macro to do one of the above. There are
several around.
4: Make the spiral out of a sphere_sweep object in MegaPOV.
5: Make an isosurface or parametric shape to do what you want.

I probably left a couple possibilities out...a more specific answer will
require a more specific description of what you are trying to do.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><