POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 4 dim. data field : Re: 4 dim. data field Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4 dim. data field
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Jul 2002 13:55:27
Message: <chrishuff-DEEB30.12523410072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3D2### [at] cpfsmpgde>,
 Plum C <bai### [at] cpfsmpgde> wrote:

> I've got a data field like this:
>
> x   y   z   value
> 0   0   1    .232
> 0   0   2    .233
>
> Is it possible to cut an isosurface? For example to show
> a specific value of electron density etc. A tranformation
> of the data to a suitable input would be simple.

It isn't clear what you are asking...do you want to generate a height
field from a set of data giving function values at points in space? What
do you mean by "cut an isosurface"?

You can "cut" an isosurface the same way as with most other objects,
using CSG difference or intersection objects. You can then use the
isosurface function as a pattern in the isosurface's texture, to show
the function values through the cut surface, basically a cross-section.
I'm not sure this is what you meant though.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/