POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Fuctions : Re: Fuctions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:35:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fuctions
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Jul 2000 11:57:56
Message: <chrishuff-DE45E8.10583526072000@news.povray.org>
In article <397F0339.14F2FA78@itam.cas.cz>, Disnel <dis### [at] itamcascz>
wrote:

> Simon Lemieux wrote:
> > > In article <chrishuff-81E2AC.17022224072000@news.povray.org>, Chris
> > > Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
> > > No. Those are specific features of C++ functions, and perhaps of
> > > functions in some other languages. They are not required in order for
> > > something to be a "function", but are features of a specific
>
> And why not use some interpreted OO language, such as Python?

I somehow completely miss your point...

Do you mean use Python for the framework/library, or for the scene
description language?
If for the scene description language, what would be the benefits? Some
of the problems would be: forcing a language not designed for scene
description to be a scene description language, forcing everyone who
uses POV to relearn the language, making all the sample code, scene
files, includes, and macros out there completely useless, making POV
more difficult to learn, etc, etc, etc.

If for the programmer's framework, I have already suggested Java, which
probably has more people with experience in it, and has many
similarities to C++ which would make a port easier.

And what does this have to do with the definition of a function?

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/