POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : First try with Photons - help? : Re: First try with Photons - help? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First try with Photons - help?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Mar 2001 21:03:11
Message: <chrishuff-DDDCE0.20575015032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3ab16386$1@news.povray.org>, "John M. Dlugosz"
<joh### [at] dlugoszcom> wrote:

> That's not a coincident surface -- that's the top and bottom of cyl's with
> different radii.

There *are* coincident surfaces...the cylinders have different radii,
but that doesn't make any difference, the surfaces of the ends of the
cylinders coincide. Take another look...the end caps of the 11.5 unit
radius cylinder are completely within the end caps of the 12 unit radius
one. The difference in radius (and the plane in the intersection object)
just changes the amount of area that is coincident.

> I agree that would be a problem if the top edge were in
> the frame, but we're looking at the inside curve of the smaller one.

I figured out it wasn't a problem when I looked at the complete scene
file and saw the quartic.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><