POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : displace_warp - dispWarp.jpg (1/1) : Re: displace_warp - dispWarp.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: displace_warp - dispWarp.jpg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Jun 2000 19:17:03
Message: <chrishuff-DD74F1.18213225062000@news.povray.org>
In article <39568C39.6F528226@aol.com>, SamuelT <STB### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> No, it was using combined functions of #declared pigments. I just
> tried it again, and your method does it differently, so no, mine
> wasn't quite like yours.

Hmm, I see...I think it would be possible to duplicate the patch with
function patterns and 3 pigment functions(one for x, y, and z). It would
be much more complex to use, though, and probably a lot slower.

> Err, subliminal messages using images. Hidden images the subconscious
> mind picks up. Adverstisements used to use them.

Yeah, I know what subliminal messages are supposed to do...I just don't
see how they fit in with my patch. If you aren't careful, the pattern
gets scrambled beyond recognition, conscious or subconscious.

BTW, it might be interesting to apply this warp to an isosurface
function pattern used in a pigment function to see how it affects the
resulting object...did that make sense?

#declare Foo = function {pigment {function {...}...warp {displace
{...}}}}

isosurface {function {Foo(x,y,z)}}

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/