POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wall Creature (70kb jpg) : Re: Wall Creature (70kb jpg) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wall Creature (70kb jpg)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Jul 2002 21:26:23
Message: <chrishuff-DBC293.20234112072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d2f4a36$1@news.povray.org>, "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom>
wrote:

> The wall looks unrealistic... mainly, the sharp ridges. It needs some work
> so that the viewer can better recognize it at first glance. Is it some sort
> of cliff wall made of rock?

I've seen rock like this, it isn't unrealistic at all, it looks somewhat
volcanic, or eroded sedimentary stone. Most exposed rock I've seen
around this area is sandstone which cleaves off and erodes very
differently from that, but I have seen similar surfaces in pictures. I
didn't have any trouble recognizing it as a vertical rock surface of
some kind, though it needs something to give it a sense of scale.

Though a lot of things in nature look unnatural...leaves sometimes look
like plastic, many things look unnaturally bright (tropical treefrogs or
fish for example), and the sky outside my window looks downright fake
(the clouds are glowing bright pink in a sky that is a weird shade of
green shading to a bright blue above).

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/