POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blobscape : Re: Blobscape Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobscape
From: Chris Huff
Date: 10 Sep 2000 07:24:25
Message: <chrishuff-DBA8FE.06261410092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39bb4495@news.povray.org>, "Doug Eichenberg"
<dou### [at] nlsnet> wrote:

> This is my first test run of a macro I wrote to generate "blobscapes."
> This one is a single blob composed of 763200 spheres.

It has an interesting look to it, like some kind of strange geological
formation in a dry seabed. It might be interesting how an isosurface
using this in a blob pattern would work...
It would probably be faster rendering than a blob object, at least, if
you use a blob object as input instead of entering the components
directly into the pattern(the blob object has internal bounding, the
blob pattern does not...but it does have the ability to use blob
objects, at least, it does in MegaPOVPlus).

> I think I may have succeeded in creating the most innofficient,
> memory-and-time-consuming macro ever.

In order to do that, it would have to beat my POV-Script liquid
simulator, complete with inter-particle forces. I eventually abandoned
developing it after a 3 hour parse.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><