POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 8 (45KBU) : Re: Take 8 (45KBU) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 8 (45KBU)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Mar 2001 11:54:56
Message: <chrishuff-DB0083.11483223032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3ABAC017.C71FF322@heday.freeservers.com>, "H.E. Day"
<The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

> I hear color is good.
> Seriously, i think this stuff is gonna really bring out the contrast.
> Many other little things fixed, and i love the clouds.

The banners are...surprising. They look like they have holes in them, as
if they have been there for a while, a permanent fixture.
They seem to be designed to make the fortress more visible...I'm not
sure if that would be desired or not. Maybe useful for blimps coming in
to dock when the fortress is down in the fog and mist. They seem to "cut
into" the spray unrealistically.
I'd like to see some different colors on the blimps, maybe color codes
for passengers and types of cargo, and it looks like those blimp
thrusters are going to just blast a hole through the cloth. Maybe it's
some kind of air brake or sail to keep the blimp stationary with respect
to the surrounding air, and would only be deployed with the engines
inactive, but that doesn't explain why the station has them.
The station thrusters still don't look right, and the station still
looks too glossy and shiny to me, especially with those patches which
look like rust.
And the fortress looks very much like a tower now...if I hadn't seen the
earlier versions, I would think it extended all the way down. Maybe make
the lower portion visible through the mist, or shorten it so it doesn't
extend into the mist...or lower the mist, which would also avoid the
problem with the banners.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><