POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bozo blob (23KB) : Re: Bozo blob -> isosurface bozo (47KB) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bozo blob -> isosurface bozo (47KB)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Oct 2000 07:29:47
Message: <chrishuff-DA49DA.06321909102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39E123D3.1C989ED3@hotmail.com>, Tor Olav Kristensen
<tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Why can I not define the function like this ?
>
> function {
>   eval_pattern(bozo scale <1, 1, 1>/4, x + y + z)
> }
>
> Please explain.

Because nobody has added the eval_pattern() function to isosurface
functions yet. Oh, and it wouldn't be "x + y + z", it looks like you
meant "x, y, z". :-)
The eval_pattern() function would probably be a little bit faster than a
pigment function, and certainly easier to use, but I don't plan on
trying to add it to isosurfaces until a MegaPOV based on POV 3.5 is
released. Adding an isosurface function is a bit more complex than
ordinary functions, and I want to wait until the isosurface code is
cleaned up and organized better.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><