POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Candles.... NO media... : Re: Candles.... NO media... Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Candles.... NO media...
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Oct 2000 06:19:26
Message: <chrishuff-D85FE6.05220011102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39e3a78b@news.povray.org>, "Robert J Becraft"
<cas### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> These candles are .15 POV units tall.  I model everything in a 1meter=1POV
> unit scale.  At this size, media disappeared entirely.  Didna work at all.
> Hence my compromise... a no-media candle flame.

The appearance of media depends on the distance you are seeing through
it(8 meters of constant smoke appears darker than 2 meters at the same
density). Media is still useful at other scales, you just have to make
it denser for smaller scales and thinner for large scales. If you have
something that looked fine at 1 POV-Unit to 1 meter scale and want to
convert it to 1/0.5 PU/m scale, just double the density.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><