POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Function image type mirrored vertically : Re: Function image type mirrored vertically Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function image type mirrored vertically
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 6 Apr 2002 10:35:33
Message: <chrishuff-D6088A.10365806042002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3caeba7d$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> It is not a bug in POV-Ray but in your scene.  The origin of the image is at
> the upper left of the box while the origin of the function is the center of
> the image.  Applying an image map instead of the function image will clarify
> the origin.

Wouldn't it be much less confusing for the users if the function used
scene-space coordinates instead of image-space? Then a function image
could be used as a direct drop-in replacement for a function.
Does this affect anything else? If I remember correctly, images from
file formats with a different coordinate system (< 0, 0> at the lower
left, for instance) are modified to be oriented properly, couldn't the
same be done for function images?

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/