POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glow logo (40kbu) : Re: Glow logo (40kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glow logo (40kbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Sep 2000 15:20:36
Message: <chrishuff-D5B2FD.14222409092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39ba4f72@news.povray.org>, "Alan Holding"
<man### [at] freeukcom> wrote:

> Here's an image of a bitmap where the individual pixels have been
> represented by glows.  It didn't turn out exactly as I wanted (the
> individual glows don't look defined enough to me) but, as it took 10
> and a half hours to render, I don't think this one falls into the
> 'easy tweak' dept.

10.5 hours!?!
What processor do you have? And how many glows are in this image? I am
currently rendering another version of my tree, with 1652 glows, and
while it is slower than my other images, it is doing several lines a
second at 480*360 on my 266 MHz G3(which isn't exactly the best
processor at running POV).
Well, my next version of the patch will be able to bypass some of the
calculations if the ray is too far from the glow for it to make much
difference. This should speed this one up by quite a bit. And I have
added a couple new glow types which should be useful.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><