POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) : Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 22 Jul 2002 20:26:09
Message: <chrishuff-D3BD88.19185222072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3D3C80C4.913AEDD9@gmx.de>,

> One critique: the disturbance in the water resulting in a blur of the
> reflection is strangely patterned, there seem to be very abrupt changes
> from flat to disturbed surface.

That happens in real life with ponds like this...to me, it's a nice
little detail that makes it look very realistic.

The only problem I see is that some of the shadows are too dark,
especially on the cluster of plants along the fence to the left, the
shadows are nearly black. The only thing that really tips me off that
this isn't an unprocessed photo is the different tree in the
reflection...if it was included in a bunch of photos I wouldn't suspect
it was computer rendered. A really nice job on this one...

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/