POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Getting Function Evaluation : Re: Getting Function Evaluation Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Function Evaluation
From: Chris Huff
Date: 16 Dec 2000 16:06:47
Message: <chrishuff-D37EC7.16074816122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a3bbf8c@news.povray.org>, Geoff Wedig
<wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote:

> Is there any way to get the value of a function directly?

This is a feature which I have wanted for a long time...I have done a
little work on implementing it, but haven't really tried. The syntax
would be:
#declare FuncName = function {...}
#declare FuncVal = FuncName(XVal, YVal, ZVal);

> I know about eval_pigment/pattern, which don't work.

Uh, they don't? The eval_pattern() function should be perfect for this...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><