POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some LEDs - I am modeling electronic components : Re: Some LEDs - with photons Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some LEDs - with photons
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Mar 2002 17:24:29
Message: <chrishuff-D2C5EE.17244408032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c8892ad$1@news.povray.org>, "Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk>
wrote:

> 65 seconds is pretty fast. But I think the shadows now look like they're
> being cast from an opague object,

That's pretty much what you will see in real life. Most of the light is
refracted away from the shadow, leaving it dark. It spreads out after
being focused inward, and is barely visible when the LED is far enough
from the surface the shadow is cast on.

> I'm not sure the look is quite right. Maybe it's because real leds
> are made of plastic (of some sort) and not glass. For the realism I suppose
> you will adjust that too.

They don't look much like glass to me, they look pretty much like the
plastic that is used in real LEDs.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/