POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : example of negative lights [~18KB jpg] : Re: example of negative lights [~18KB jpg] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: example of negative lights [~18KB jpg]
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 21 Oct 2002 09:42:52
Message: <chrishuff-D29B0E.09380821102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3db383cb$1@news.povray.org>,
 "hughes, b." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> A negative light shone onto the daylight side and "lights" image map, which
> is layered atop the rest of the planet texture and transparent everywhere
> but the lights themselves, coupled together in a light_group would work I
> think; with the image map fully ambient so it shows on the dark side of the
> planet.

Just use a "lights" layer, and only put it on the night side. No need to
mess with hundreds of lights that don't illuminate more than tiny specks
or negative lights (I still don't see where they apply here anyway).

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/