POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Loneliness WIP (85kbu) : Re: Loneliness WIP (85kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness WIP (85kbu)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Jul 2002 12:14:39
Message: <chrishuff-D286C3.11120414072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d31948f@news.povray.org>,
 "Gail Shaw" <gai### [at] mwebcoza> wrote:

> Is there any reason you use default to set the ambient, rather than
> global_settings {ambient_light ... }?

Because ambient_light affects all ambient in the scene. Adjusting the
default texture instead lets me override it for specific objects that
need it, like a glowing LED, a neon light, or a computer or TV screen.

I've been doing something similar with diffuse...setting the diffuse
value in defaults and only adjusting pigment color in the textures. I
can then adjust the diffuse value in defaults to control the overall
brightness of the scene...this is pretty helpful with radiosity.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/