POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Patina and metal wear test v.5 : Re: Da Code Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Da Code
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Feb 2001 07:52:32
Message: <chrishuff-D1702D.07512126022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A998895.8C45A04F@heday.freeservers.com>, "H.E. Day"
<The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

> Here's the stuff I promised.  Note that in order for this to work,
> you need to know where the edges of your object are.  But hey, you
> built it, right??

I've made an attempt at a macro that automatically positions blob
components using the object pattern to decide if a point was inside the
object and how close to an edge it was. However, the parsing slowed down
a lot, and the quality was pretty bad...and it wouldn't be as flexible
as your method, anyway, since your method allows you to specify exactly
where the "scorching" goes and what areas have been rubbed off.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><