POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : displace_warp - dispWarp.jpg (1/1) : Re: displace_warp - dispWarp.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: displace_warp - dispWarp.jpg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Jun 2000 10:40:39
Message: <chrishuff-D15E51.09450926062000@news.povray.org>
In article <3956FEB3.5D7B38F4@yahoo.com>, ryan constantine
<rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> would this be like adding two pigments together, like beats in wave
> theory, where matching peaks cause constructive interference and
> matching troughs create destructive interference and values in between a
> mix of the two?  i'm thinking this would cause a mix between say, bozo
> and granite to look like neither one.  i am way off?  or am i getting
> it?

No. It distorts a pattern by moving each point by the value of the color
vector of the displacing pigment at that point. The displacing pigment
isn't used for colors, but for vectors. The rgb values are used for xyz
values for translating the each point of the pattern being warped.
I am trying to figure out how to add a "vector_map" keyword, that would
clear things up a little.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/