POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : United POV-Ray? : Re: United POV-Ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: United POV-Ray?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Oct 2002 16:35:35
Message: <chrishuff-CEAD4B.16303814102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <9p5mqu46l513g9jchqkk0cdn3ni48rvkur@4ax.com>,
 ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> > Yes, but compilation with more effective compiler could be made by
> > someone else, maintainer would just be responsible for source code.
> What about cheap macintosh compilation ?

Apple provides a version of GCC and good IDE tools (ProjectBuilder and
InterfaceBuilder) for free. It can't compile the Mac version of POV
though, that requires CodeWarrior which is not cheap. It can compile the
command line version and there is a 3rd party Cocoa GUI out there,
though it is very incomplete.
I don't know if a ProjectBuilder project can be made with the current
Carbon GUI source...I doubt it could be done without a lot of work, but
I don't know a lot about Carbon.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/