POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : media density : Re: media density Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media density
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 17 Sep 2002 10:03:19
Message: <chrishuff-CC56FE.10013317092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d8728f5$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:

> Is density clipped?
>
> I'm having trouble getting really thick media using a density function which
> might be explained if density is getting clipped to 1.

Density values aren't clipped, but function patterns are. If your
function goes out of the [0, 1] range it will be clipped, if your color
values go out of that range nothing unexpected will happen. Scale your
function values down with a multiplier and increase the color values to
compensate.

It would be nice if patterns were unclipped by default or if there was a
way to specify "no_waveform" or similar to turn clipping off.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/