POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: Mesh CSG Operation Bug : Re: Mesh CSG Operation Bug Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:51:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh CSG Operation Bug
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 11 Nov 2002 18:28:03
Message: <chrishuff-CA4215.18272711112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3dd02a8c6e9e93e4cbb77c320@news.povray.org>,
 "normdoering" <nor### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> If you could confirm that a mesh completely encloses an inner area could you
> then find a way to declare it as a solid object? Perhaps use a mesh to
> shape an isosurface?

Do you bother to read the material you quote? That thread is about the
inside_vector feature, which lets a closed mesh be used as a solid
object. It has nothing to do with isosurfaces, they wouldn't be of any
use for this. The poster you replied to seems to have been confused, and
apparently didn't know about that addition. I can't even find the post
you replied to, though...it doesn't seem to exist except for on the web
interface.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/