POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling povray 3.5 on Mac OS X terminal : Re: Compiling povray 3.5 on Mac OS X terminal Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling povray 3.5 on Mac OS X terminal
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 21 Aug 2002 15:57:15
Message: <chrishuff-C8AD18.14425121082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <B98954F0.2F91%fid### [at] artrecognitioncouk>,
 Fidel viegas <fid### [at] artrecognitioncouk> wrote:

> Hi guys, has any of you successfully compiled povray 3.5 on Mac OS X shell
> command line?

I have done it by making a ProjectBuilder project. I almost had it
compiling on the command line, but had no reason to keep trying when I
got the ProjectBuilder version working.

> I'm getting loads of warning messages and errors as well.
> Any pointers on how to compile it on Mac OS X or Darwin?

What errors? What version of the developer tools? Any other odd changes?
Also, do you have XDarwin installed? I do, and the configuration script
tried to build a version with X11 support and failed. Some manual
editing was required to build a console-only version. I also had to
write a couple functions not part of Darwin, but I think those are part
of the latest unix source code

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/