POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? : Re: Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Major bug in MegaPOV Plus?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 5 Sep 2000 20:07:44
Message: <chrishuff-C86F26.19092605092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39b57a67@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> When doing an animation with the new MegaPOV Plus, I sometimes get an
> "Out of memory" error. It seems to happen at random with something
> like 10% of the frames, and these frames are no different from the
> frames that doesn't produce errors.

Probably a memory leak, if you start over from the frame that caused the
trouble, things should work fine(until it runs out of memory again). I
wish I had some software for tracking down memory leaks...

> One strange thing is that in the error messages =, !=, and possible
> other characters are always replaced with square characters ().
> Also, the errors seem to be always have something to do with the =
> character. Could this be related to the #set patch (which I did not
> use in my scene file)?

This is very strange...I don't see how it could be related to the set
patch...unless my experiments with getting the "# VarName" syntax to
work got in there by accident. I will check, this is the most likely
explanation for what is going wrong.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><