POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stargate (10124x768, 148 KB) - stargate.jpg (0/1) : Re: Stargate (10124x768, 148 KB) - stargate.jpg (0/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stargate (10124x768, 148 KB) - stargate.jpg (0/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Jun 2000 18:04:39
Message: <chrishuff-C78A5E.17091026062000@news.povray.org>
In article <3957C9C3.446B4982@faricy.net>, David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

> Very realistic! The movie was kinda good, but from what I've seen of
> the TV show IMHO it's kinda not... Interesting render subject
> nonetheless.

It varies from episode to episode...generally they are pretty good(The
best SF show on local TV here, actually.), but there are a few which are
just plain boring or have bad plot flaws.
They do tend to suffer from the problems of having aliens look like
humans in costumes, but they also have good non-humanoid aliens. And
most of the time they are interacting with humans on other worlds, so it
isn't so bad.
They also handle language fairly well(the characters appearing surprised
when an alien speaks up in english, for example, and having an
explanation for it), though there were a couple episodes where they
really blew this one too.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/