POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : After a long time : Re: After a long time Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: After a long time
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 Sep 2000 08:29:02
Message: <chrishuff-C546F9.07304707092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39b7226f@news.povray.org>, "Saadat Saeed"
<saa### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I am reading news.povray.org after a long time... and I see that
> glows are somthing new. Is it in some patch somewhere?

Yes, they are in MegaPOVPlus:
http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/povpatch.html
Though you might want to hold off on getting it for a while, I plan on
making some changes and there are some bugs that need fixed.

> Can someone explain me the diff between glows and media?

There really isn't much alike between the two: glow sources are an
atmospheric effect, but they have a totally different syntax. They are
more like localized fog effects than media. They also render much faster
than the equivalent media effect, and are usually easier to control.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><