POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Proposal for 4.0 core control : Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Oct 2002 15:04:25
Message: <chrishuff-C3BD98.14592714102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3DA### [at] starmanee>,
 Vahur Krouverk <vkr### [at] starmanee> wrote:

> Why not? Why not to implement cross-platform UI by using some
> (scriping??) language? I guess suppirting Windows/Linux/Unix/MacOS
> should be sufficient and there is quite a number of tools for such task:
> Tk/Tcl (or whatever it was called, never can't remember it :-), Python
> (Yea, I know, that some here hate Python, but Pyvon seems to be nice
> step in direction of cross-platformness), Java with JNI for interface
> with POV-Ray core etc.

I covered that...the results are usually just horrible. Tune things to
look good on one platform, and it looks awful on all others...different
interface conventions, different look and feel, etc...you end up having
to make platform-specific versions anyway.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/