POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More glow stuff - attached files (1/1) : Re: More glow stuff - attached files (1/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More glow stuff - attached files (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Sep 2000 15:46:38
Message: <chrishuff-C3932E.14481903092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39b2a43b$1@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> Sorry if I missed this before, is there a possibility of it winking out
> instead?  A on/off type of situation based on a arbitrary size supplied to
> it?
> I guess not, since that would be a different kind of thing.

That would be more of a lens flare effect. It should be possible to do
though, just trace a ray at the glow from the camera position, to check
for objects between the glow and the camera. It would take some work to
figure out how much the flare should show, since the objects may be
transparent, but it should be possible. And it shouldn't slow the
rendering down too much, since the visibility checking could be done
before the rendering. You could do something similar in POV-Script,
using the trace() function to disable a glow if something passes in
front of it.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><