POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I want holidays ! (final) : Re: I want holidays ! (final) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want holidays ! (final)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Feb 2001 22:04:28
Message: <chrishuff-C2D412.22045611022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a86fa5f$1@news.povray.org>, "Pascal Baillehache"
<bai### [at] freefr> wrote:

> well if you tell me where to find an accurate description of df3 format
> (I've never used it), I could surely add an output function for it.

The .df3 format is well documented in the POV manual...it's an extremely
simple 3D voxel format.

> why not, I think I must keep working on it first until I have a stable
> release, then I could look for interaction with POV's functions.

Well, POV is written in ordinary C, so you might have trouble mixing
your C++ code in. It might be better to write a new version in POV from
the start, using the POV vector and object handling code that already
exists.

> I've never looked POV source, but if there is a way to have primitive
> surface's coordinates and normals (I can't believe there is not) it
> will surely be easy to do. I promise I will think about it.

The Intersection() function can get all of this information, you could
also find the All_Intersections(), Inside(), and Normal() functions
useful.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><